Saturday, April 30, 2022

I Am a Door Closed to a Million Rooms,

 


...the heart is full — another throb would split it... ~Emily Dickinson

 

I am a door closed to a million rooms

and a million keys to just one door.

You could search a million drawers

and closets,

or fall to a million floors.

But you will never reach me,

even if you can climb the highest fence.

I bolted the windows tight

and threw away every wrench!

Some places when you enter

you are trespassing from the start,

for love cannot be forced nor taken

from one who has given away their heart.


Linking with the Sunday Muse for Muse #208

💔

I wanted to take a moment while I have your attention to say something important to me.  There is someone that I care about deeply that I have hurt recently through my own hurtful issues.  In my defense I did not do it intentionally, but I did it just the same, and as painful as it is to have to see our own wrongs, I guess I better get ready to hurt some more.  You see, sometimes we hurt people by what we do or say, and sometimes it is by what we do not, or what we do not acknowledge.  I wanted there to be utter peace; no waves, upset feelings, nor harsh words.  I don’t quite know why at the age of 58 I cannot get it through my hard head that sometimes you just have to ride the rough waters and let out a good scream when it gets bad, and just keep moving onward down the stream!  Rob, I think you are a passionate guy, and I do enjoy reading your poems, but the image prompt and the word lists, they are all good, and no comparisons or passive aggression needs to be thrown out into the blogosphere.  You have been through a lot Rob, so has my dear friend who hosted a magnificent word list, and so have I.  Sometimes people seem tough and hard as nails, but nails always make everyone bleed, and everyone needs to always remember that when they react to other people’s truths.   Anyway, what I am truly trying to say, is…………I am sorry for not speaking my truth, which is something my dear friend does, and that is one of the many reasons I love her.  I think I have spoken what my heart needed to.  Thank you for listening.

💔


23 comments:

  1. Ah those doors to a million rooms! You have described them perfectly here, Carrie. They say that each of us is three people--the person others see, the person we believe ourselves to be, and the person we really are. Except sometimes I think three isn't nearly enough--maybe more like a million? In any event, this poem has your signature home truths in it and I like it a lot. Also, your note at the bottom is very brave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my friend! Your comments are something I always hold dear especially when you like the poem. The bottom message was me speaking my truth. Thank you for teaching me such a valuable lesson through genuine example. 🌻💛

      Delete
  2. Something strange is going on with Google/Blogger comments .. this is Helen. I am not Anonymous, though there are days I’d like to be.

    If, in my past poems / comments, I have angered, hurt, slighted any of you ~~ I apologize from the bottom of my heart.

    Yes .. Carrie is brave and honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dont be silly Helen...You could never hurt anyone...kindness personified you are possum !

      Delete
    2. You are always a blessing Helen and thank you for your kind words. 💛 The anonymous thing happened to me one time..it was when I was on my son's computer. I would log into my Google account but it would still be anonymous. Technology always evades me, so no worries Helen.

      Delete
  3. Carrie, your poem speaks for most of us. There are a few things we cannot avoid even if we try and one of those is hurting somebody. A tight hug for being so brave <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sunita!! Hugs back at ya. 💛

      Delete
  4. A beautiful poem, Carrie, and a heartfelt note. As Shay says, you are brave. The blogging world can sometimes be tricky to navigate. I know you as a peace-lover, as am I, and we feel the rocky bits, but keep on trying our best. It's all we can do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are brave Sherry and I admire you so much! 💛

      Delete
  5. Your poem today reads like a riddle.
    And, thanks for the afterwords on speaking out truths.
    We,ve all been through stuff. Would you believe at one stage of my life i used to think only i bled. Yes.
    Well now and for a long time now i know better.

    Wishing you a blessed Sunday

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing that Gillena. It is always wonderful to see you here. 😍

      Delete
  6. Carrie, You have always been kind and supportive to me and I thank you for all you do. I think the last two years have been hard on all of us. I wish everyone peace and calm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why I came up anonymous

      Delete
    2. I feel the same about you Truedessa. You are always an inspiration. 💛 The anonymous thing happened to Helen too. I think it is a technical glitch. Those happen to me all the time.😁

      Delete
  7. Hi Carrie, you did well with those keys. I sort of wanted to use them as I like keys, almost as much as a little little kid playing with a set. I liked your approach as to who could enter and who was to be kept out.
    Troubled? I often wonder what gets it started, especially among us Nature adults. I once remarked about some observations that wasn't appreciated. That started unkind retribution that I felt was undeserved. But that happens, even amongst friends and in such close relationship as a marriage. All that makes for hard getting back to the playground.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to say "mature adults". Sorry.
      ..

      Delete
    2. Thanks Jim, and you are right. I also figured you meant mature adults. LoL since I fall into that category these days. Maybe you should write another poem for the keys. I would enjoy reading it.

      Delete
  8. It's up to us who we let in and how. Understanding ourselves is never easy, I think. Your beautiful poem speaks from the heart. I hope you have a peaceful week Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much Marion, and wishing you the same.

      Delete
  9. Carrie, the following lines made me think -

    "for love cannot be forced nor taken
    from one who has given away their heart."


    isn't it true that love cannot be forced or taken from ANYONE? I wonder about your last line - I'm not saying it's wrong... it just makes me think!

    Yours,
    David [ben Alexander]
    http://skepticskaddish.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you David, and your thoughts are so appreciated. Are you referring to the trespassing or the heart being giving away. I was just curious. Sometimes poems and lines can just stimulate a lot of pondering. Hope you are having a wonderful week David.

    ReplyDelete
  11. for love cannot be forced nor taken
    from one who has given away their heart."

    So much truth in this, probably for most of us. Your courage came through in the note.

    ReplyDelete
  12. pg slot pg wallet ทรูมันนี่ วอลเล็ทเป็นแอปพลิเคชัน ที่ให้บริการที่หลากหลาย ครอบคลุมทุกการใช้แรงงาน สล็อต สามารถใช้จ่ายแทนเงินสดได้ตามร้านค้าชั้นแนวหน้าทั่วๆไป และสนุกสนานกับเกมสล็อตออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete