Saturday, August 28, 2021

The Most Elusive Bird of All,


 Linking with the Sunday Muse for Muse #175.  This week our image is brought to us by Susie Clevenger an amazing Muser, poet, and friend!  Thank you Susie!

Come join us!


 

Sometimes it is the person closest to us who must travel the furthest distance to be our friend

. ~Robert Brault

 

Love is the deep void and the grand expanse

The rushing river yet the desert sands

A place we know but don’t understand

The most elusive bird of all

I held you once on a starlit night

Soft like feathers yet hard like might

My heart held on and it held on tight

But you flew just like a bird

My heart flew through lovers and stranger’s eyes

My arms reaching like branches no one could climb

I tried to give what was never mine

For my heart had flown away with you.


16 comments:

  1. Pure romantic perfection! Truly the most elusive bird of all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A most beautiful interpretation of the prompt, Carrie. The bird image of love is so apt. "Soft like feathers yet hard like might"--What can be truer than this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The contradictions dance like a tango

    Happy Sunday

    Much❤lovr

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such beautifully romantic melancholy Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This lands with a thump right in the chest. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love is definitely and elusive bird that we cannot fully understand. sigh

    ReplyDelete
  7. This line especially will stay with me for a while .... { I tried to give what was never mine } !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This made me sigh! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the opportunistic rhyming. And especially this: "My heart flew through lovers and stranger’s eyes"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh love, we risk the breaking. This is so beautifully written. I feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, romantic writing, Carrie. I like where you used rhyme.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can feel the ache in this - you write beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love is a contradiction in other words... Very nicely put :)

    ReplyDelete