Thursday, November 13, 2014

The Stars and Their Stripes


Also linking with Imaginary Gardens for Kerry's prompt "Iconic people society"

From every mountain side
Let Freedom ring.
~Samuel F. Smith, "America"




She waved her flag for freedom amidst a higher wind
hoping for contentment or just one truer friend
in a world that knows it's legends only by the stars
and the stripes that wave higher seem to have more scars
so hold your banner gently and keep it close in love with pride
for fulfillment cannot be reached for it is a flag that waves inside.
 
 



 
My crown is called content, a crown that seldom kings enjoy.
~William Shakespeare

4 comments:

  1. a world that knows it's legends only by the stars...

    This line rings so true for me! Thanks for sharing, Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow what a unique take - I like it!! I wish you a great weekend, Carrie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully profound and steeped in wisdom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen a post in a while - I hope all is well :)

    ReplyDelete