Saturday, November 14, 2020

Three Poems “the Soul/the Heart/the Mind”

 


Linking with the Sunday Muse for Muse # 134 hosted this week by the incredibly talented poet and my friend Shay!

Come join us!

What matters is not the idea a man holds, but the depth at which he holds it. ~Ezra Pound


The Soul of a Poet,

 

Lately I have been thinking a lot about life and of death

pondering upon what is held between every sigh and final breath

Is it the caged canary or the crow with broken wings

that carries the greatest misery

and holds the deepest sting?

there in the asking poetry surrounds me inked in the color of night

it stains my heart and hands and then fills my truest sight

I long to find answers so I reach out with thirsty hands

 and head into every wall that blocks the place in which I stand

it is a painful journey when answers are not always found

and questions get lost between the silence and the sound

for lately I have been thinking a lot about death and of life

and I believe all the answers are poetically before my eyes

Is it the convict or the paraplegic in a chair

that carries the greatest misery

and holds the deepest cares?

I shall ask these questions as long as I can speak

to anyone listening

to you

 and you

and me.

******************************************************

 

Crashed Cars,

 

hard hearts always hit us with the most force

crashing into us like cars

we end up seriously injured

while they seem untouched

yet we have the strength to heal

while they are the ones that remain stagnant

covered in the same old callous

and that is the most broken a heart can be.

************************************************************

Conversations I Had with My Husband,

 

You can talk till you are blue In the face

 but if someone is not listening

it is all waisted breath

and talking to walls never got anyone anywhere

except walking to the medicine cabinet for some headache medicine

and making an appointment with a divorce attorney

turning the conversation around

from husband to

an Ex.


12 comments:

  1. "Out of sight out of mind" doesn't work entirely when it comes to ex's. Functions with kids and payment disputes close the distances. When our youngest outgrew child support and my ex moved to West Texas, 541 miles away, my heart began to heal. My soul was nurished because all the kids were near. here in the Houston area. The kiicker came years and years ago when we sat next to each other on Grandparent Row at our middle grabddaughter's wedding. I have complete healing and hope she has. The kicker was at the wedding when she wasn't the same person I had known. My soul and heart in relation to her were 100% fresh and now my mind is 99% cleared as well.
    Monkeys and crows bother me not.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the three separate poems loosely based on a similar theme: life is a headache most times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "questions get lost between the silence and the sound" - wonderful. And the way you pace down the ending of the first poem worked really well. I really loved the Crashed Cars metaphor - "that is the most broken a heart can be" is excellent. Nice pivot of "husband" and "Ex" in the last poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These took my breath away. An amazing write.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tag from that great song 'all my ex's live in Texas." I have one there, too, if he's still alive. This is a powerful triptych of musings, all set forth starkly and with that necessary honesty that marks insight. I believe we must always ask ourselves questions like this, as you set out in your first poem, where rhyme serves you so well. The second with its harsh but true metaphor strikes with much the same force--we heal, but a car is only repaired, always a little less than what it was before the crash. The third is that conversation no one wants but everyone always has at some point when things are just wrong. Headaches and medicine and lawyers, indeed. Well done, Carrie, all the way through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laced with pain, resonating our era of pandemic and narrowed down to reality of day
    Be Safe, keep hope alive

    Thanks for dropping by my blog today Carrie

    Much💝love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three ... for the price of one? How lucky are we! Crashed cars, death, ex-husbands (happy my ex is one of my finest friends. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful, Carrie. I especially love your first one., with its caged canary and its crow. I seem to be without words recently, but still enjoy reading them. The words will return when I have less on my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness, both poems are so striking, so emotive with the power of truth. Amazing writing Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your triptych here, especially the second section. So glad that the image spoke to you clearly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all three, Carrie. The first one depicts exactly how questions are asked,
    and never quite answered.

    ReplyDelete
  12. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881
    ®

    ReplyDelete