Saturday, October 24, 2020

Hope is Colored Canary Yellow


 Linking with the Sunday Muse for Muse # 131
Hosted this week by the rock star amazing poet Shay!
Come join us!

 “I used to think I was the strangest person in the world but then I thought there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do. I would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me, too.

Well, I hope that if you are out there and read this and know that, yes, it’s true I’m here, and I’m just as strange as you.” – Frida Kahlo


We are all many colors

Each and every one of us

Life paints its way through our journey

And we become many things

Bold as orange polyester skirts on a windy day

Soft as red lipstick kisses by the truest of lovers

Wide with faith like the bluest of Colorado skies

And sometimes green as pastures we never roamed

And the image of what is before us can fade and brighten with every stroke

An ever-changing canvas of pastels and charcoals

We look out the window like canary yellow

And peer into that same window

Sometimes only seeing coal black

 dark as a midnight sky deep in the city

perceptions develop

 views alter with every angle of the canvas

I look in the mirror and the image before me has become an abstract form of what was

Experience has painted over my grey with canary yellow

Knowledge can be both freedom and bondage

We learn to carry our fear quietly

Aware of the uncertainty on the edge of the horizon

And sooner or later we discovery how to let it go

Yes we are all many colors

Each and every one of us

Life paints its way through our journey

These days I am colored canary yellow.


15 comments:

  1. May your canary yellow continue! I enjoyed your poem (as always).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the image and motion of this--the way yellow could pull one along like a kite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life indeed paints its way through our journey. Blue seems to be a reoccurring color for
    me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this poem and its ponderings. I especially love the canary yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to have friends wo will paint over the gray. Before Mrs. Jim and I met, 48 years ago, I paintef mine black. Lately I have developed small brown spots, a bit larger than freckles. They match the large ones, some of those large ones are bruises.
    I might like all of them green like yours.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've done as much with colors here as any painter. I like the way this ebbs and flows, tells a story and sings and lives it at the same time. I especially liked these lines: "We learn to carry our fear quietly/Aware of the uncertainty on the edge of the horizon/And sooner or later we discovery how to let it go .." Great opening quote from Kahlo as well. She was a woman far ahead of her time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Experience has painted over my grey with canary yellow" - that is the soul of this poem!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful Carrie- may your canary yellow be a beacon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. From drab dreary gray to bright beautiful canary yellow. Positivity personified.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I've been painted a shade of blue. Love how you "painted" us a poem, and I do love yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Luv the way you you journeyed through applying paint from your palette

    Thanks for dropping by my sumie Sunday

    Much☺love

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors and changes, Carrie. Be a happy yellow canary!

    ReplyDelete
  13. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881
    ®

    ReplyDelete