Monday, September 14, 2020

Life is Poetry



Linking with the Sunday Muse for Muse # 125
come join us!


Memory is a child walking along a seashore. You never can tell what small pebble it will pick up and store away among its treasured things. ~Pierce Harris

 

Traces of your passage are all around

I need not search too far

you live on in the glistening light

that shines from every star

I hear you in the rustling

of leaves on a windy day

your lovely words of encouragement

still have so much to say

and I shall tell your story

 with each breath within every line

it is the truest poetry

that transcends even mortal time

and like a fox with his one feather

I shall bring you with me

 as my proof on the journey home

and your memory will linger

 as long as on this earth I do roam.



6 comments:

  1. Oh Carrie, your poem hit my heart and rested there ... 'traces of your passage are all around, I need not search too far' is breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, this is a direct hit at the heart. I was shuffling through old photos today and this chimed with all the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww!!! "like a fox with his one feather I shall bring you with me …"
    Poor little fellow gets a heart and an adoption!!
    Nice read, Carrie. And thank you for
    the prompt, this photo is priceless.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Like a fox with his one feather, I shall bring you with me....." A poem that hits the scope of memory and heartbreak. I am reminded of "I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart." Beautiful, Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "like a fox with his one feather
    I shall bring you with me" -- oh, so good! Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is heart-touching poem. Love it, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete