Monday, July 6, 2020

Thirsty for More

Champagne, 1920s. Atelier Manasse was a legendary Austrian photo studio that captured the golden age of cinema and cabaret in Vienna of the 1920’s and 1930’s. The studio, active in Vienna between 1922 and 1938.   

Linking with the Sunday Muse for Muse # 115

Come join us!


“God pours life into death and death into life without a drop being spilled.”
~ Author Unknown


When I was young
I gulped from the goblet
In a hurry to get more
Carelessly spilling so much of what I had
Now I am old
And I slowly sip at the champagne glass
Wanting to relish every drop
Knowing this drink in front of me
 is all that is guaranteed.




6 comments:

  1. "Knowing this drink in front of me
    is all that is guaranteed." -- yes, indeed. All we can know is the present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is life wisdom, so well said. Yes, now we sip.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. "To love well that which we must leave ere long."

    ReplyDelete
  4. We rarely start out with wisdom, but as we age we share the thing or two we've learned...One of them is "don't rush it."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never rush a drink, never rush your life. Wonderful, Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lifetime's worth of story in the last two lines ... for some who chose that road.

    ReplyDelete