Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Her Name Is Autumn




Linking with Poets United Midweek Motif ~ Autumn


No spring nor summer’s beauty hath such grace
As I have seen in one Autumnal face....
~John Donne





I wait for her quietly like a leaf upon the wind.
Longing for her true presence to awaken me again.
Then slowly she enters like a princess into a room.
Glowing in auburn grace that speaks to me like the moon.
October she whispers much to my surprise.
It is my birthday she goes on and then
before I know it
she leaves me with a sigh.



~Click here for more about Autumn.~


16 comments:

  1. This literally left me breathless...I think it's either the image or just the breathy way it feels like. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is lovely, Carrie........left me with a sigh, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply lovely Carrie, thanks for sharing your superb poem with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and you leave me with a sign!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glowing in auburn grace - yes, autumn does glow in auburn hues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It comes and goes so quickly, too quickly. These images are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not a word wasted in this, Carrie. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning poem loved every word of it

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lovely lady Autumn is a beauty surpassed

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glowing in auburn grace that speaks to me like the moon... beautiful line!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SOOOOO enjoyed this little one

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, wow I love this! The following lines feels like you've written them for me:

    October she whispers much to my surprise.
    It is my birthday she goes on and then...

    Simply the best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The last line wrapped up the piece perfectly.

    ~Imelda

    ReplyDelete