Saturday, January 25, 2020

Searching for Love in All the Wrong Places

Linking with the Sunday Muse for Muse # 92
Come join us!

The heart has its reasons that reason knows nothing of. ~Blaise Pascal


I had a dream love was a door to a beautiful world
And my heart was a bird that could not fly
Through a portal where true love stretched out for miles
But my wings were cut and tied
I was thirsty for belonging
Like children and flowers in rows
For the green of leaves on branches
Longing for a love that grows
In that dream I was lost in a desert
And my throat was too dry to sing aloud
I searched and searched for my voice
Hoping love would make a sound
That world was parched and empty
And I could not find the strength to depart
Until I searched inward to the deepest part of  me
And found this oasis lingered within the open heart.




17 comments:

  1. So beautiful. I love the soothing rhyming and the final line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is gorgeous! Yes, love is the open heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In search of the oasis of the heart and then finding you have always held love within, that thirst keeps one going for it needs to be quenched.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so important and wonderful to find that oasis, that sanctuary within. So much strength and power is hidden in us. Beautiful, Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knowing the heart-our own or that of another- is a lifelong task, one where we often fumble and fail, until we learn to accept its reasons and logic, and find somewhere that refuge your poem describes. A lovely response to the picture.

    ReplyDelete

  6. All that’s beautiful-is nestled within us. A lovely poem 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one of my favorite quotes. And yeah, the true journey takes place within.

    ReplyDelete
  8. To find it within is maybe what's needed to find it for real as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a nightmare it can be until we look within. You've used some powerful images, but the very last line is my favorite "this oasis lingered within the open heart. "

    ReplyDelete
  10. To find the love within is the strength we all need. So often we look through the window, over the fence thinking love grows greener there. Bless your open heart...such a beautiful poem

    ReplyDelete
  11. Incredibly beautiful poem. I love the image of a oasis Lingering in an open heart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Carrie, this was so sad a read until an answer was found. The line, "my wings were cut and tied," was so strong and hurting. Written perfectly for me, poignant and showing deep feelings of sadness. Until.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will change my credits over to you. Thank you for hosting. BTW, we live in the Houston area, Katy-Fulshear. Five years now, we moved from Montgomery to be near our daughter and family five years now.
      ..

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much Jim....no worries. That is cool that we live in the same area. It is nice to live by family for sure.

      Delete
  13. Thank you everyone for all the wonderful comments. I have had one of those weeks, with a couple family members in the hospital, so it has been hard for me to keep up with comments. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete