Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Elixir of the Soul

Photo by Rakicevic Nenad from Pexels

Linking with Toni's Wed Muse Prompt "Night Sky"


It was a night so beautiful that your soul seemed hardly able to bear the prison of the body. ~W. Somerset Maugham

Out in the open of night
Where this place seeps into the heavens
And the ceiling of day has been lifted
My eyes can see God
I want to move closer
And reach out my hand
To touch His face
That is where I feel
What true salvation is
The elixir of hope
That only God and angels
Can give
Floods through my veins
My thirst for God
Never ends
But each night I return
 like an old man to the church for prayer
I pray for you
I pray for me
And for another night of stars.

4 comments:

  1. Peaceful and hopeful. Lovely, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shay.....I look forward to reading yours. I won the lottery again!! :-)

      Delete
  2. True...the night sky is the elixir of the soul. I like the connection you make to the Divine presence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The night does hold magic peace and promise. Very nice words, Carrie

    ReplyDelete