Sunday, March 17, 2019

Lucky




Linking with The Sunday Muse for Muse # 47


Luck is a wild bird that no one ever sees up in the sky
she is allusive like a magician's hands
and faster than a buzzing fly

Some say they have seen her just before rolled dice have passed
while others have heard her flapping wings
just after a near-miss crash

Everyone wants to get a glimpse  and hold her within their grasp
but none can truly catch her unless in that split second
she is surely their's to have.


Note:
I just wrote a poem about something I have little belief in.  Yes one may have some luck at cards and dice games, but as far as the bigger things in life, I believe in blessings.  Some may say I am lucky to be alive.  I have out lived in years most of my cousins, some second cousin, my brother, and my Mom.  What I think is this; we are lucky to have guardian angels, and those angels sometimes give us second chances in this life.  God has blessed me with more time.  May I use it wisely.  That is my ultimate wish and prayer.

©Carrie Van Horn 2019

16 comments:

  1. Luck is created out of a sense of relief? I like the idea that we both personify (as luck) and also give ourselves a sense of removal from sudden shifts of fortune. Not necessarily belief but breathing space?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some are just so lucky to have you around. Oh, yeah... I'm one of those lucky souls. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Vicki! I feel lucky to have you all in mine! 😍

      Delete
  3. They say that luck is the residue of design. I believe that, to a great degree, though I do believe in a little luck, too. After all, it IS St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that idea,"luck is the residue of design" Happy St. Patrick's Day Shay and everyone! 😎🍀😎

      Delete
  4. Luck, I think is purely that. It is when pure chance decrees that the dice of life falls in one's favour (or against it). It is puely random and uncintrolled. It is rare to have things work out for us, unless by our own efforts and so called good luck cannot be chased, it has to come to us freely, just like that little bird may do so.
    I believe we all have a guardian angel looking after us, so if things work out for us it is not luck, it is by design, dictated by a higher authority.
    We are lucky to have found you and this little 'preponderance' of poets . . :)

    My word, aren't I being phylosophical? . . lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Eddie! I feel blessed to have found you all! We are all lucky preponderance poets indeed! 😎🍀

      Delete
  5. "Luck is a wild bird that no one ever sees up in the sky" I love that line. I don't know if I believe in luck, but when I get the unexpected when playing at chance I guess it is the luck of the Irish. :) (my mother was a McCleary.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Dad's Mom was Irish and i was named after her. We both have some of that Irish luck Susie! 🍀😎

      Delete
  6. Some say they have seen her just
    before rolled dice have passed

    Those who are lucky seems to have an inkling of what's coming their way. Perhaps they are blessed with good fortune, Carrie and able to know of it beforehand.

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be right about that inkling Hank. So glad you stopped by, thank you!

      Delete
  7. Perhaps it is just destiny? No "luck" at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My heart tells me you are right Annell. Thank you for reading it. :-)

      Delete
  8. Yes, blessings abound. Beautiful, Carrie. I love your ultimate wish and prayer and believe you are already doing that.

    ReplyDelete