Saturday, February 3, 2018

My Heart Screams "LOOK"



Linking with Imaginary Gardens for ~Camera FLASH
brought to us by Kerry


"What we see depends mainly on what we look for."
~ John Lubbock


I see you love
you cannot hide
beyond all distances
you remain inside
***
I see you hope
even through slender slat
you may be quiet in halls
but in longing's room you grow fat
***
I see you God
in every flower that grows in cracks
in rich men's mansions
and poor men's shacks
***
I see you courage
on wound's healed scars
you run into the flaming building
and  reach into burning cars
***
I see you wisdom
on callused knees and hands
you know your weakness
and that is a strength of a wise man
***
I see you opportunity
you are rampant like weeds
it is up to me to stop
open up my eyes and truly see



12 comments:

  1. We learn so much by using our eyes don't we? And your poem amply illustrates this so well as our eyes so quickly sends messages to the brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this especially; "I see you wisdom on callused knees and hands you know your weakness and that is a strength of a wise man."💞

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an outstanding collection of ideologies, Carrie. I love the way you set it out and how the whole relates to the photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luv the open mind of faith resonatibg throughout youd piem Carrie. Such a joy to read. Thank you for dropping by my blog

    Much💟love

    ReplyDelete
  5. The repetition in this poem is effective, Carrie, listing all the things we can see if we just look. My favourite stanza is:
    'I see you opportunity
    you are rampant like weeds
    it is up to me to stop
    open up my eyes and truly see'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you see all good thing in all of us... and maybe if we look carefully we would see the evil everywhere as well... that's why the world is complex.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the way you see good too, and dearly wish evil was absent within all of us...
    It truly is a wise man that is aware of his weaknesses - for that is indeed a strength.
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, if we only use our eyes we see so much of this world and the next. The repetition here is most effective. I like how you see good in all of us, even though we often are not.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my favorite part:

    "I see you hope
    even through slender slat"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Carrie! Love the message in this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is so much to see if we but look, and look to decide with our own eyes what it means.

    ReplyDelete
  12. When we open our eyes...truly open them...we can see for the first time.

    ReplyDelete